How I Finally Stopped The Container Avalanche
It’s time to send those plastic containers out for recycling and replace them with something better.
Better for your health, the environment, and also the taste of your food!
It will even save you $$$ in the long run because you won’t constantly have to replace flimsy, worn-out containers.
Glass is a MUCH better choice.
- Even if you use BPA-free plastic, studies show that toxic chemicals in plastic can migrate to your food when you microwave them. That doesn’t happen with glass.
- Glass can withstand higher temps, which means it won’t warp or break down when they’re washed in a dishwasher.
- Glass containers can last practically forever with the proper care, and if you do want to get rid of them, they are easily recycled.
- Glass containers are usually freezer-safe, don’t release chemicals when they’re frozen, and are less likely to leak.
- Glass containers don’t smell or absorb stains.
- And they look nicer, too!
Plus, glass containers are surprisingly affordable, especially if you buy a set of them. Pyrex and OXO are well-trusted brands.
Make it a healthy day, Sara